Sunday, November 18, 2018

My own DNA

I should have posted information on my DNA tests earlier.  I guess that I have found so much stuff there and I am not terribly tech savvy.  I do not know how or what I want to upload.  So, I just sent the raw data to a distant cousin in Australia so they can upload it to another genealogy site.  I guess his response to me is what people really want to see, so I will just post that for the moment.  So here it is. from my cousin's husband Patrick van der Hoeven:

Your ethnicity report came up on the mobile phone app this afternoon.  Interestingly it says still not ready on the computer website.  Also it may be a few more days before they get the matches listed.
 
However on the mobile app, you are 57.5% Italian, 12.9% Iberian and 24.9% Irish/Scottish/Welsh. Finally, you are 4.7% Jewish.
 
No real surprises there. 
 
I was expecting a larger percentage of  British Isles as no one ever said that my grandfather Mitchell had any Italian in him...but who knows as there is no info on him prior to 1873.

England, Wales & Northwestern Europe35%

Italy27%
Sicily
France18%

Ireland & Scotland15%

Germanic Europe5%

Here is the estimate of ethnicity from Ancestry DNA

No comments: